It’s hard to believe that we’ve now been in Lebanon 3 months. Most days it doesn’t feel like we’ve been away that long. We still feel very much like newcomers, both in the neighborhood and as part of Horizons. Lebanon has churches, though not many when compared to the population. There are believers here reaching out to those who have never heard the gospel, but the laborers are few. Still, I wondered, where will we fit, what will be our role. How will God use us as we cross both language and cultural barriers? And yet, God has already given us glimpses of ways we can come alongside those already here. There are gifts and strengths we have that compliment the gifts and strengths of others. He keeps reminding me, we are here by His design- and His plans are perfect!
Today I listened to a woman share the ways that they are being ostracized from friends and family for seeking to know more about Jesus. She was eager to continue hearing about Christ, but recognized there was a price to be paid. I understand that the circumstances are very different, but I told her I understood how it is to start over with new friends and new community in order to follow Christ. We dearly love and miss our friends and family back in the states, but following Christ means obedience to his call.
There is still so much to learn! Both language and culture. But I am thankful for the ways that we are finding that we are needed by the body here, just as much as we need them! I pray that those who choose to follow Christ may see that while there may be costs, He is worth it! |
Comments
Post a Comment