I’ve been slow to share. Mainly because I feel like each time I think I know what’s going on, it changes so I wanted to wait a little longer just to be certain. Tommy and I have spent time in prayer and are both in agreement that during this season, it’s wise to stay in Clarkston. We still want to return to Lebanon but don’t feel like now is the time. Right now, there was also an opportunity for Tommy to step back into the role as lead teacher for GFM for the Spring semester. The girls and I have continued our Arabic lessons (Tommy has as he’s been able, but because of the time difference, he’s in the classroom when our teacher is available). I have reconnected with friends in Clarkston from before and I also might be assisting with the GFM discipleship team in the afternoons after Tommy is out of class. We have been amazed at the way God has opened doors during this time in so many ways- ministry opportunities, housing (we found a two-bedroom apartment close by that has affordable rent and we won’t be locked into a yearlong lease), and some furniture- shortly after making the decision to stay someone from Bainbridge offered up their couch! We may have some more free furniture lined up as well but we’re not 100% sure. I’m feeling a lot of peace about the decision, but I’m not going to lie… there are many times I’ve struggled. How much will the relationships change in Lebanon because of the time we’re here? Will there be any real changes in the Lebanese government over the next 6 months and if there aren’t, then what? Will staying here longer make the transition back even harder on the kids? So many questions swirling through my mind and I often feel like I’m struggling being present here because my mind is on Lebanon as well. I think this year everyone is wrestling with so many what if’s and uncertainties. Each time I start to jump too far ahead and get caught in that cycle though, I try to slow down and just examine what I’m doing in the here and now. Am I being obedient today? Have I demonstrated God’s love today? Tomorrow will have enough worries- but am I so focused on them that I miss what I should be doing now? Is my focus on God’s kingdom or man’s?
|
Comments
Post a Comment